Monday, April 2, 2007

Gods Sense Of Humor


My mother called up this morning, and was sounding totally devastated and depressed, so I had to excuse myself out of a meeting and had to hear to her story. I was ashamed of myself later that I spoke so reluctantly with her. She just wanted to share a sad news that her friends daughter (who was just as old as me) had passed away. Its unbelievable to digest the fact that that this cheerful, and youthful girl passed away so early, and embraced death so courageously.


She was suffering from a kidney disorder, and both her kidneys had failed. Her Mother as well as her Aunt were willing to donate her a kidney, and they had undergone all the tests required for it. It was almost being finalised whose kidney would be most compatible to her, when she decided that she would not accept it. And till the very end she was extremely determined that she would not accept their kidneys, and put them in trouble for the rest of their lives.

Today she peacefully embraced death, and left a terrible chaos out here in our minds.

Where do people derive so much courage !!! What makes them take such decisions and happlily surrender to death?

Indeed our lives are not more precious than our parents lives. I would have never accepted my parents kidney, and torment them for the rest of their lives.

And now I wonder what be an ideal way out of such a situation, accepting a parents kidney, or not accepting it. Either ways they would not be able to live happily!!

I hate God's sick sense of humor, when he puts us in such difficult situations, which are way beyond our intelligence to resolve..

No comments: